UPSC ARTICULATED ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLES - English
ARTICULATED ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLES
Why in News?
The Indian Army has issued a Request For Information (RFI) for the supply of Articulated All-Terrain Vehicles to be deployed in Ladakh and Kutch.
- An RFI is a formal process for gathering information from potential suppliers of a good or service.
- It is a twin cabin, tracked, amphibious carrier for off road mobility.
- The special design of this equipment exerts low ground pressure on the soil and a pull-push mode of locomotion between two cabins facilitates mobility over varied terrains like snow, desert and slush.
- A ballistic protection in the cabin body ensures protection to troops travelling in it from small arms fire.
- They can reach where wheeled vehicles cannot due to deep snow, slush or marshy terrain and can be very effective for patrolling and rapid deployment in operational situations.
- These vehicles are very useful to move troops or supplies in snow-bound terrains and in marshy/sandy environments.
- The Indian Army wishes to use these vehicles in the snow-bound areas of Ladakh and in the marshy terrain of the Rann of Kutch.
BEST IAS ACADEMY IN COIMBATORE
TNPSC ACHIEVERS Achievers
BANU PRIYATNPSC TNPSC