UPSC INS SHIVAJI - English
Why in News?
Recently, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has recognised INS Shivaji as the Centre of Excellence (CoE) in the field of Marine Engineering.
- INS Shivaji is an Indian Naval Station in Maharashtra.
- It houses the Naval College of Engineering, which educates and trains Indian Navy and Coast Guard officials.
- The Nuclear Biological Chemical Defence School, which trains naval personnel on all aspects of NBCD.
- The larger goal here is to improve the skills of the personnel across the Indian Navy, Friendly Foreign Navies, and the entire ecosystem.
Centre of Excellence (CoE)
- CoE is a body that provides leadership, best practices, research, support, training of trainers and skill training for a specific sectors.
- As per the National Policy for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, 2015, it was decided that National Skills Universities and Institutes will be promoted in partnership with States as centres of excellence for skill development and training of trainers.
- The Centre of Excellence in the skilling ecosystem is envisioned as a one-stop resource centre established/working in partnership with industry to raise training standards, boost productivity, address emerging skill gaps, and align training and research with industry needs.
- With the intent to overcome skill demand-supply mismatch, to have continuous supply of skilled workforce and disseminate best practices, “Centre of Excellence” is proposed to be recognized by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- The initiative will encourage such bodies already engaged in research and development activities in the skilling domain and allied fields to work on key emerging areas where there is knowledge deficit or skill gap, so as to set up Centres of Excellence.
BEST IAS ACADEMY IN COIMBATORE
TNPSC ACHIEVERS Achievers