UPSC WORLD HAPPINESS REPORT 2022 - English
Why in News?
Recently, the World Happiness Report 2022 was published by the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network.
- It was first established at 2012.
- The report are based on two key indicators:
- Happiness or life evaluation measured through opinion surveys and
- Identifying key elements that determine well-being and life evaluation across countries.
- The report usually ranks 150 countries based on several factors such as real GDP per capita, social support, healthy life expectancy, freedom to make life choices, generosity and perceptions of corruption.
- Finland has been named the world's happiest country for the fifth year running followed by Denmark.
- Afghanistan was ranked as the unhappiest nation, followed by Lebanon, Zimbabwe, Rwanda and Botswana, respectively.
- India saw a marginal improvement in its ranking, jumping three spots to 136, from 139 a year ago. Sustainable Development Solutions Network
- The SDSN, launched in 2012, mobilises global scientific and technological expertise to promote practical problem solving for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement.
- It was established under the auspices of the United Nations Secretary-General.
- The SDSN and the Bertelsmann Stiftung have been publishing the annual Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Index & Dashboards Global Report since 2016.
BEST IAS ACADEMY IN COIMBATORE
SI/POLICE ACHIEVERS Achievers
VIGNESHSI / POLICE SI / POLICE