UPSC PM-DAKSH SCHEME - English
Why in News
Recently, the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has informed the Lok Sabha that the amount of funds earmarked under PM-DAKSH (Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi) Yojana.
- Ministry launched ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal and ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App to make the skill development schemes accessible to the target groups - SC (Scheduled Caste), OBC (Other Backward Classes), Economically Backward Classes (EBC), Denotified tribes, Sanitation workers.
- It was implementedin the year 2020-21.
- Under this scheme eligible target groups are provided with the skill development training programmes on Short Term Training Program; Up-Skilling/Reskilling; Entrepreneurship Development Programme, and Long Term Training Programme.
- The skills training councils have been constituted by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, and other institutions.
Need of the Scheme
- Empower women
- Educate Other people
- Better employment opportunities
- Good Growth for the economy
- Increase the GDP growth
- Help rural people
- Providing basic needs
- Helping in achieving good carrer
- Providing good market
- Increasing the use of Technology
Marginalised persons of SC, OBC, EBC, Denotified tribes, Sanitation workers including waste pickers, manual scavengers, transgenders and other similar categories are only eligible under the scheme.
TET ACHIEVERS Achievers