Tamilnadu Public Service Commission
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus Details: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)’s Group 1 Exam Syllabus Details are given below…
Preliminary Exam Syllabus:
General Knowledge: The paper on general knowledge will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge: General science, current events of national and international importance , history and culture of India, geography, Indian polity, Indian economy, Indian national movement and freedom struggle, mental ability tests and other related fields.
Main Written Examination:
1. Modern history of India and Indian culture.
2. General Aptitude & Mental ability Test.
3. Role and impact of science and technology in the development of India and Tamil Nadu.
1. Indian polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India and Geography of India.
2. Tamil Society, its culture and heritage/ English language skills.
3. Administration of Union and states with special reference to Tamil Nadu.
1. Current events of national and international importance.
2. Current economic trends: Indian economy and impact of global economy on India.
3. Socio economic problems of India/ Tamil Nadu.
TNPSC Group 2 Eligibility Details: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts Combined Civil Services Examination-II (Non-Interview Posts) (Group-II A Services). The candidates who are applying must have the specified age and necessary educational qualification. The following are the eligibility details…
|Name of the Post||Minimum
not belonging to
BCs and BCMs]
|Scheduled Caste /
Tribes, Most Backward
Classes / Denotified
Classes, Backward Classes
(Muslims) and Destitute
Widows of all castes
|For all posts||18 Years||30 Years||No Maximum age limit|
Note: Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC (Arunthathiyars), STs, MBCs/ DCs, BCs, BCMs (i.e. others) who have put in five years and more of service in the State/ Central
Government are not eligible to apply, even though they are within the age limit.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification.
|Sl.No||Name of the Post||Educational Qualification||Technical Qualification|
|1.||Personal Clerk in
Tamil Nadu Public
|i. Must have passed the Government
Technical Examination in Typewriting:
both by Higher Grade in Tamil and English
ii. Must have passed the Government
Technical Examination in Shorthand:
both by Higher Grade in Tamil and English.
|Sl. No||Name of the Post||Educational Qualification|
|1.||Assistant in Commissioner of
|A degree of
B.A./B.Sc./ B.B.M/ B.Com. of any
University/ B.O.L of Annamalai
University/ B.B.A of Madurai Kamarajar
University/ B.Litt. of Madras University/
|2.||Assistant in the
Civil Supplies and
Industries and Commerce, Land
Reforms, Prison, Medical
and Rural Health Services,
Transport, Registration, Rural
Development and Panchayat Raj,
Backward Classes, Fisheries,
Technical Education, National
Cadet Corps, Public
Health and Preventive Medicine,
School Education, Vigilance and
and Land Records, Urban
Land Ceiling and Urban Land Tax
Departments, Divisions of
Commercial Taxes and Tamil Nadu
Public Service Commission
|3.||Planning Junior Assistant,
Tamil Nadu State
|A degree of
B.A./ B.Sc./B.Com. of any University.
|4.||Assistant in Finance
Department in the
Tamil Nadu Secretariat
|A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce
or Economics or Statistics of any
University or Institution recognised
by the University Grants Commission
|5.||Lower Division Clerk in
Tamil Nadu Legislative
|B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com. of any University
recognised by the University Grants
|6.||Junior Co-operative Auditor||A degree of
B.B.M. Degree or B.Com. Degree
or B.Com (Computer Application)
Degree or B.A. (Co-operation) Degree
or B.A. (Economics) Degree or B.A.
(Corporate Secretaryship) Degree or
B.B.E. Degree awarded by any University.
1. The said prescribed educational qualification for these posts should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies 10th, HSC, UG Degree and PG Degree.
2. Persons claiming equivalence of qualification should furnish the details of evidence for such claim when called for, failing which their application will be summarily rejected.
Knowledge of Tamil: Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil.GROUP 2 EXAM SELECTION PROCEDURE
TNPSC Group 2 Selection Procedure Details: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission – TNPSC conducts Group 2 (Combined Subordinate Service Examination-II) Examination for the recruitment of various vacancies in Tamil Nadu State Government Departments. Selection process details are given below…
Selection Procedure: The selection of candidates for appointment to non interview posts included in the Group 2 (CSSE-II) Examination will be made on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination following the rule of reservation of appointments separately for each category of post.
1. The written examination is of Objective Type, which consists General Studies, Aptitude and Mental Ability Test, General Tamil/ General English.
2. Two types of question papers will be set. One type of question paper will contain questions on General Studies (75 items), Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (25 items) and General English (100 items). The other will contain questions on General Studies (75 items), Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (25 items) and General Tamil (100 items). Candidates have the option to choose either General Tamil or General English for answering the second 100 items apart from answering the first (75+25)100 items on General Studies.
3. The questions on General Studies will be set both in English and Tamil and the questions on General Tamil/ General English will be set in the respective languages.
4. Answer sheet answered in a subject other than the subject opted by the candidates in his application/ specified in the Hall Ticket will be invalidated.
5. Each one mark will be deducted for incorrect or absence of shading Register Number.