Heads of Organizations and Important Position Holders in India
Department / Position Person
1) Attorney General of India=K. K. Venugopal
2) Central Vigilance Commissioner=K V
3) Chairman, ISROAS =Kiran Kumar
4) Chairman, LIC=V K Sharma
5) Chairman, SBI=Rajnish Kumar
6) Chairman, NABARD=Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
7) Chairman, NASSCOM=Rishad Premji
8) Chairman, Press Council of India=Chandramauli Kumar Prasad
9) Chairman, Press Trust of India=Viveck Goenka
11) Chairman, Economic Advisory Council=Bibek Debroy
12) Chief Election Commissioner=Achal Kumar Joti
13) Chief Justice of India=Dipak Misra
14) Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal= Birender Singh Dhanoa
15) Chief of the Army Staff=General Bipin Rawat
16) Chief of the Naval Staff=Admiral Sunil Lanba
17) Comptroller and Auditor General=Rajiv Mehrishi
18) National Security Advisor=Ajit Kumar Doval
19) Director, BARC=Kamlesh Nilkanth Vyas
20) Director, Intelligence Bureau=Rajiv Jain
21) Director, CBI=Alok Kumar Verma
22) Foreign Secretary (MEA)=Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
23) Secretary (Economic Affairs)= Subhash Chandra Garg
24) Defence Secretary (MoD)=Sanjay Mitra
25) GST Council (Chairman)=Arun Jaitley (Finance Minister)
26) GST Council (Secretary)=Hansmukh Adhia (Revenue Secretary)
27) GST Council (Commissioner)=Shashank Priya & Dheeraj Rastogi
28) Bombay Stock Exchange (Chairman)=Dhirendra Swarup
29) Bombay Stock Exchange (MD & CEO)=Ashish Kumar Chauhan
30) National Stock Exchange (Chairman)=Ashok Chawla
31) National Stock Exchange (MD & CEO)=Vikram Limaye
32) President, CII=Shobana Kamineni
33) President, FICCI=Pankaj R. Patel
34) Principal Scientific Adviser=Rajagopala Chidambaram
35) Spokesperson, MEA=Raveesh Kumar
1. Chairman, Rajya Sabha Venkaiah Naidu
2. Chairperson of Lok Sabha Sumitra Mahajan
3. Chairman of Niti Ayog Narendra D Modi
4. Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Gulam Nabi Azad
5. Leader of House in Lok Sabha Narendra D Modi
6. Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge
7. Chief Election Commissioner Om Prakash Rawat
8. Election Commissioner Ashok Lavasa, Sunil Arora
9. Director General, ITBP RK Pachnanda
10. Chief Vigilance Commissioner K V chaudhary
11. Foreign Secretary Vijay Keshav Gokhale
12. Comptroller & Auditor General of India Rajeev Mehrishi
13. Chairman, National Commission for Backward Classes Jus. Vangala Eswaraiah
14. Chairman, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India R. S Sharma
15. CBI Director Alok Kumar Verma
16. Chairman, National Commission for Scheduled Tribes Nand Kumar Sai
17. Chairperson, National Commission for Minorities Syed Ghayorul Hasan Rizvi
18. Chairman, UPSC David R. Syiemlieh
19. Director General, National Investigation Agency Y.C. Modi
20. Chairman, UGC D.P. Singh
21. Chairman, Space Commission and ISRO K. Sivan
22. Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission and Sec. Deptt. of Atomic Energy Sekhar Basu
23. Chairman, SSC Ashim Khurana
24. Chairman,National Human Rights Commission Justice H.L. Dattu
25. Registrar General of India and Census Commissioner Sailesh
26. Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxes Sushil Chandra
27. Chairman, Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India T.S. Vijayan
28. Chairman, Securities & Exchange Board of India Ajay Tyagi
29. Chairperson, State Bank of India Rajnish Kumar
30. Chairman, LIC V.K. Sharma
31. India’s permanent representative in UNO Syed Akbaruddin
32. Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba
33. Chairperson of National Commission for Women Lalitha Kumaramanglam
34. Chairman, 15th Finance Commission N.K. Singh
35. Chairman, Competition Commission of India Devendra Kumar Sikri
36. Chairperson,Central Board of Film Certification Prasoon Joshi
37. President, ASSOCHAM Sandeep Jajodia
38. Chairman, NASSCOM Raman Roy
39. New Chief of Army Staff Bipin Rawat
40. Director General, RAW Anil Dhasmana
41. Chairperson, Children Film Society of India Mukesh Khanna
42. Director, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Kamlesh Nilkanth Vyas
43. President, CII Shobana Kamineni
44. President, FICCI Rashesh Shah
45. Chairman, National Knowledge Commission Sam Pitroda
46. National Security Advisor Ajit Doval
47. Chairperson, Prasar Bharati Dr. A. Surya Prakash
48. Chairman, Investment Commission Ratan Tata
49. Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia
50. Chairman, Indian Banks Association Rajeev Rishi
John Watts Young (87), the legendary astronaut who walked on the Moon and later commanded the first space shuttle flight, has passed away at Houston, United States.
Peter Denis Sutherland (71), the former Director General (DG) of World Trade Organization (WTO), has passed away in Dublin, Ireland. Sutherland became the WTO’s first chief in 1995.
Saksham Yadav (28), an international-level powerlifter, has passed away in the trauma centre at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi
Prominent Urdu poet Anwar Jalalpuri, who translated Bhagwad Geeta into Urdu, passed away in Lucknow .
Senior IPS officer Abhay was on Wednesday appointed Director General of Narcotics Control Bureau NCB.
US President Donald Trump's daughter and adviser Ivanka Trump said, she was looking forward to attend the Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017 in Hyderabad. She asserted that the event was a testament to the strong friendship between India and the US.
Manu Sharma alias Hanuman Prasad Sharma (89), the noted author and Padma Shri awardee, has passed away in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
Acclaimed South African Indian-origin AIDS researcher Professor Quarraisha Abdool Karim has been appointed as a UNAIDS Special Ambassador for Adolescents and HIV.
Veteran Congress leader Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi, who had been in coma since 2008 passed away at a private hospital in New Delhi.
A greatful nation is paying homage to former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on her 100th birth anniversary.
Retired Indian Air Force officer Mukul Chandra Joshi, known as 'Traffic Baba', passed away on Sunday at his residence in Noida at the age of 83. He spent the last 14 years spreading road safety awareness among motorists.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Chennai to participate in the 75th anniversary celebrations of the Daily Thanthi newspaper.
Former Lok Sabha Member and well known architect Baddam Narasimha Reddy passed away this morning in Hyderabad. He was 82 years old.
Saudi Prince Mansur bin Muqrin, deputy governor of Asir, died in a helicopter crash near the border with Yemen.
A Chilean man named Celino Jaramillo was born in 1896 and is 121 years old, according to the country's official records. This makes him four years older than the current Guinness-listed oldest person Nabi Tajima, who is aged 117.
Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani has become Asia's richest person with a wealth of $42.1 billion, according to Forbes.
The Delhi High Court has set aside Nationalist Congress Party leader Praful Patel's election as President of All India Football Federation (AIFF).
Tata Steel has promoted TV Narendran as the CEO and Managing Director globally.
German-born physicist Albert Einstein has ranked tenth on Forbes' list of Highest-Paid Dead Celebrities of 2017.
Tamil writer and Sahitya Akademi award winner Melanmai Ponnusamy passed away. He was 66.
Japanese lawmakers have reelected Shinzo Abe as the country’s 95th Prime Minister
Senior IPS officer YC Modi, who was part of a Supreme Court-appointed team that probed the 2002 Gujarat riots cases, today took over as NIA chief, succeeding Sharad Kumar.
Martina Hingis announces retirement from pro tennis
Jacinda Ardern, the leader of the Labour Party, has officially been sworn in as the prime minister of New Zealand .
Gautam Adhikari (67), the chairman and whole time director of the SAB group, has passed away in Mumbai.
Punathil Kunjabdulla (77), the renowned writer and Malayalam novelist, has passed away in Kozhikode.
Dr Digamber Singh, the senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader, has passed away in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Thailand's late King Bhumibol Adulyadej will be cremated
Irruppam Veedu Sasidaran (also known as I V Sasi) (69), the legendary filmmaker, has passed away in Chennai.
Freedom fighter and lawyer Gaur Kishore Ganguli (96) has passed away in his native village in Purulia in West Bengal.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Shri Alok Kumar Pateria, IPS as Additional Director General, CISF.
NS Venkatesh has been appointed as chief executive of the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI).
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) announced the appointment of Jayant Rikhye as the chief executive officer for India.
Eminent classical singer Girija Devi passed away in Kolkata. She was 88.
Gujarat-cadre IPS officer Rakesh Asthana has been appointed the special director of the CBI.
Former IB Chief Dineshwar Sharma, a 1976 batch Kerala cadre IPS officer, has been appointed as the Government of India (GoI) special representative to hold sustained dialogue on Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) with all stakeholders.
Rakesh Asthana, a 1984-batch IPS officer of Gujarat-cadre, has been appointed the special director of the Central Bureau of Investigation. (CBI).
Jayant Rikhye has been appointed as the new chief executive of India operations of Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd (HSBC).