Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan (VISAKA)
Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan (VISAKA)
Ministry/Department : Ministry of Human Resource Development
Objective : To make people aware about cashless economic system.
(1). VISAKA aims to create awareness among people about digital economy and cashless modes of transactions
(2). It was launched on line with Prime Minister’s appeal to youth in ‘Mann Ki Baat’ for creating awareness for making India digital and cashless economy.
(3). Under it, young students and faculty members will be roped to encourage and motivate people to use a digitally enabled cashless economic system for transfer of fund.
(4). For active participation of youth and faculty, HRD Minister also launched a webpage where students can register themselves.
(5). On this website, students and faculty members also can provide their feedback and suggestions on the initiative as well as upload the progress of their work.
Deep Ocean Mission
The Union Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) is going to launch Deep Ocean Mission by January 2018 to encourage research activities in ocean science.
The proposed inter-ministerial and interdisciplinary project aims to explore and harness mineral resources beneath the ocean floor.
India has 7,500 km of coastline and 2.4 million square km of exclusive economic zone (EEZ). The oceans along Indian peninsula contain enormous opportunities in energy, food, medicine and a host of other natural resources.
The proposed inter-ministerial and interdisciplinary project also seeks to create jobs and business opportunities in social science.
It will involve the MoES and departments of other ministries like science and technology and the biotechnology etc.
The Ministry would soon launch a special training programme on oceanography free of cost for university students.
India was ranked 15th in the number of research papers on ocean science.
”Hastkala sahyog Shivir”
The Ministry of Textiles has organized Pan India camps in handlooms and handicrafts groups under the initiative “Hastkala Sahyog Shivir”.
The camps will be organized during 7th October to 17th October 2017.
This initiative is dedicated to Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Garib Kalyan Varsh, the birth centenary year of Pandit Deendayal Upadhayay.
Under these camps following services will be provided to the weavers and artisans.
(a) Issuance of credit facilities through MUDRA scheme
(b) Issuance of Yarn Pass Book
(c) Distribution of modern tool kits and equipments
(d) Assistance for technological upgradation under Hathkargha Samvardhan Sahayata
(e) Enrollment under IGNOU/NIOS courses
(f) Buyer-seller meets and exposure
(g) Access to Common Service Centre facilities
It has been planned to organize the camps in more than 200 handloom Block Level Clusters & Weavers’ Service Centres.
There will also be the collaboration of 200 handicraft clusters with State Governments.
- It is an institute set up by maharashtra goverment to support children's education.
- The pune based institute is known as State Institute of Educational Technology (SIET), popularly known as Balchitravani.
- It is used to telecast children's education programmes on Doordarshan.
- This institute was recently closed by the goverment citing lack of funds to support its functions.
- SATH is a program providing " Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital " with thre state goverments which was launched by the NITI Aayog to promote cooperative fedaralism.
- It aims to identify and build 3 future ' Role Model ' states for health system.
- NITI Aayog will wortk in close colaboration with their state machinery.
- This program will be implemented by NITI Aayog along with McKinsey & company and IPE Global consortium.