3. Consider the following statements and select the correct answer from the code given below:
Assertion (A): All rivers originating from the Himalayas are perennial.
Reason (R): Himalayas receive much of their precipitation from South-Western monsoon.
A) Both (A) and (B) are true, and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
B) Both (A) and (B) are true, and (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
C) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
D) (A) is the false, but (R) is true.
4. Which of the following border is known as Radcliffe line ?
A) India and China
B) India and Bangladesh
C) India and Pakistan
D) India and Afghanistan
5. India recently signed land boundary agreement with which
6. Where is the Headquarters of the Botanical Survey of India located?
7. Where is Indian Institute of Petroleum located ?
8. Which cities were first connected by the STD services?
A) Delhi and Mumbai
B) Delhi and Kolkata
C) Kanpur and Delhi
D) Kanpur and Lucknow
9. Of the following, the town which does not come within the National Capital Region is ?
10. Who was the first Indian woman to scale Mt. Everest?